Hi I’m Kosta and I’m the founder, owner and head trainer at 747Fitness. Health and fitness has always been a major part of my life, I have participated in many sports such as, Soccer, Cricket, Football and I have also studied various styles of Martial Arts.
My passion for personal training derived from my love of martial arts. When I was 14, while training boxing I wanted to enhance my knowledge and skills in martial arts so I also undertook Muay Thai and Kickboxing training.
In 2010 I began fighting at a professional level and participated in 8 professional kickboxing fights. The highlight of my professional carrier was winning the IKBF JNR Middleweight K-1 Kickboxing Victorian Championship.
I aspire to pass my knowledge of martial arts onto my students, and to teach them how to use it appropriately.
Aside from Martial Arts I am also a Strength & Conditioning coach. I physically prepare amateur and professional athletes by improving their strength, speed, power, endurance, flexibility and agility while considering the individuals goals as well as the needs of their chosen sport.
Personal achievements/ Work experience
- IKBF K-1 KICKBOXING VICTORIAN JNR MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMPION 2013
- FC11 Diploma of Football Strength and Conditioning internship
- WSSC (Woodford Sport Science Consultation) Strength & conditioning Internship
Martial arts achievements
- Mt Hira Secondary College Self Defence program 2013/2014
- Boxing Coach for the National and State Swimmers of Victoria under swimming coach Michal Skrodzki
- Trained 12 fighters to compete in amateur and professional fights in boxing, kickboxing & K-1
- Trainer of VABL amateur boxing champion in the 75kg weight division Thomas Konstantinidis
High performance/strength & conditioning programs
- Head Strength & Conditioning coach for all sports at Forest Hill College – 2015 to present
- Head Strength & Conditioning coach for Noble Park College Football academy – 2017 to present
- Head Strength & Conditioning coach for Futbal First Academy – 2015 to present
- Strength & Conditioning coach for Tennis Train Tennis Academy – 2015 to present
- Head Strength and Conditioning coach ASF Academy (Australian Schools of Football) – 2012 to present
- Strength & Conditioning coach FC Bullen Lions seniors – 2017 to present
- Strength & Conditioning coach for all teams at Brandon Park Soccer Club – 2015 to present
- Strength & Conditioning coach for under 14’s & under 15’s at Springvale White eagles – 2016 to present
- Diploma of sports development - Certificate III & IV in Allied Health
- Certificate III in Fitness & IV in Personal Training
- Certificate III in sports nutrition
- Master Trainer Level I -ASCA (Australia Strength Conditioning Association) Level 1
- AWF Olympic Weightlifting Level 1
- FMS (Functional Movement Screen) Level 1 & 2
- FMA Strength & conditioning level 1
- Licensed boxing coach & boxing judge (Under The Combat Sports Act 1985) - Certified Kettlebell Level I and Level II - Level II First Aid
- Working with Children Certificate